It’s National Volunteers Week! Here are a few ways that you can recognize your hard-working, dedicated volunteers:
- Recognize your top performers in your newsletter and on your web site.
- Check in personally with your volunteers—a personal call or message of acknowledgment goes a long way.
- Hold a Volunteer Appreciation event.
- Offer free admission or discounts on popular programs.
- Designate a “volunteer of the month” parking space.
An ongoing recognition program can increase volunteer support, forge stronger bonds and improve volunteer recruiting and retention. So, even though there’s only one week “officially” dedicated to volunteers, efforts to recognize and reward volunteers are crucial year-round.