We’re very pleased to present our new “explainer” video, which covers the scope of Doubleknot’s solutions in a little over a minute. Click below to watch, and let us know what you think!
We know your nonprofit isn’t about revenue—you’re committed to delivering your mission. But, we also understand that you have to maintain and increase revenues to support and expand your programs. Here are five fast, high-impact ways that Doubleknot can help you raise more money for your organization.
- Collect more donations at your site and events. Guests are most receptive to donation requests when they’ve just visited an exhibit, watched a presentation or attended a class that calls their attention to the plight of an animal, an ecosystem or a valuable initiative. Place your staff in strategic locations to ask each visitor for support, and collect donations on a smartphone or tablet so that all the donor has to do is swipe a credit card. One of our clients recently collected more than $6000 in on-site donations at a weekend event using Doubleknot’s Sales Station app and secure card reader on iPads!
- “Adoption” campaigns aren’t just for zoos. Zoos around the country rely on animal “adoptions” as an important fundraiser, but adoption can be adopted by almost any other kind of nonprofit. For example, museums could offer the adoption of an exhibit while nature centers can offer adoption of a habitat, a trail or local wildlife. And, the same Doubleknot features that support adoption can also be used for fundraisers like donor plaques, bricks and more.
- Make adoptions giftable! Grandparents and other adults appreciate the option to give a charitable gift in a young person’s name that’s meaningful to the child. And, children can appreciate the gift of a donation when it comes with a personalized certificate and a plushy or other small memento. Additional on-site recognition opportunities for adopters, like awarding every young adopter with a ribbon that they can proudly wear on their visits, can help drive attendance and increase positive engagement with your organization.
- Integrate a donation request with every purchase. It’s easy for visitors to ignore a Donate Now button, even if it appears on every page of your web site. An integrated checkout donation request places the “ask” exactly where you want it—at the beginning of the checkout process when the visitor has already decided to make a purchase at your site. One of Doubleknot’s clients raised an extra $100,000 in donations just by adding a donation request during every membership signup.
- Drive new memberships with meaningful incentives. Standard membership benefits like free admission, gift shop discounts and reduced registration fees may not be enough to convert some of your visitors to members. Consider other kinds of incentives that purchaser’s will value but won’t reduce your revenues, like offering early members-only hours on popular days or priority early member registration for camps and classes: for many parents, locking down summer and holiday plans early is easily worth the membership cost.
If you’d like to learn more about how Doubleknot supports these initiatives, if you have questions about how to get started or if you can suggest an idea that we missed, please let us know at Doubleknot@doubleknot.com.
Please join us on Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 2 PM Eastern / 11 AM Pacific for an interactive webinar designed specifically for administration of fall events, classes and programs. Whether you’re a new administrator or an experienced user, you’ll learn new ways to simplify registration, gather all the data you need for each registrant, send automatic billing reminders and increase revenues through promotions, upsell opportunities and integrated donation requests.
Getting Ready for Fall Events and Programs (Refresher)
Date: Tuesday, August 2, 2016
Time: 2 PM Eastern / 11 AM Pacific
Your Nonprofit Isn’t Generic. Don’t Rely on a Generic Payment Solution!
Using Square or a similar solution for collecting in-person credit card payments may seem like a good idea, but the truth is, generic solutions can cause very real problems:
- You have to configure everything in two systems: one for online purchases and one for payments at your site.
- Fees may be higher. Generic payment solutions can have less favorable terms than the ones you’ve already negotiated for your online sales.
- Because payments are recorded in another database, you have to manually consolidate sales and registration information from different systems for accounting.
- You can’t access purchases that a customer already made online, so you can’t update registrations or collect outstanding payments and have the information automatically updated in Doubleknot.
The Doubleknot Sales Station app for iPads is the only fully integrated mobile point-of-sale designed specifically for nonprofits. With Sales Station, you can sell merchandise, sign up new members, collect donations and book new registrations and reservations anywhere.
You can even look up an existing registration, update the information and collect outstanding payments on the spot. And because Sales Station is fully integrated with Doubleknot, every piece of information is automatically stored in the single, unified database.
Every Doubleknot subscription includes the use of Sales Station at no additional cost, so if you’re already a client, there’s no reason to delay. Let us know that you’re interested, and we’ll get you started right away.
If you’d like to learn how Doubleknot’s integrated online, on-site and mobile solutions for nonprofit ticketing, admissions, registrations, reservations, memberships and fundraising can help your organization, please let us know!
With Doubleknot Sales Station, every sale is this simple:
Add tickets, memberships and anything
Accept all major credit cards.
Store transaction centrally and
Want to learn more?
Watch our short video
Call us at (408) 971-9120.
Doubleknot Sales Station is an integrated point-of-sale solution for nonprofits including zoos, aquariums, museums, science centers, nature centers and botanical gardens. We offer a mobile POS to collect payments and donations anywhere on your site (or off your site), and a fully integrated POS cash register solution so you can manage exactly the same tickets, memberships, registrations, donations and merchandise sales through every channel of your organization. Learn more about Doubleknot at www.doubleknot.com!
The Houston Zoo recently partnered with the Wildlife Conservation Network to host the Saving Wildlife Expo, an all-day conservation event at the Zoo. To support the Saving Wildlife Expo, the Zoo needed a solution for:
- Online registration with different prices for Houston Zoo members and nonmembers
- Asking for donations during registration to support one of the five endangered animal species discussed at the event
- Collecting donations at the event
- Selling merchandise at the event
With Sales Station, admission-based nonprofits including zoos, museums, science centers,
nature centers and botanical gardens can sell tickets, update registrations and collect new
and outstanding payments anywhere.
Doubleknot’s custom registration forms deliver unparalleled flexibility in gathering information and assigning additional costs. Join us for an interactive webinar on Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 2 PM Eastern / 11 AM Pacific to learn more about this powerful feature! Topics will include:
- Unique features of Doubleknot’s custom registration forms
- Guidelines for effective design
- Choosing the right items to collect the information you need
- Adding optional costs
- Conditional logic and page branching
- How to thoroughly test your forms
- Assigning forms to events, program sessions and facilities
- Reviewing form data in reports
Date: Thursday, June 30, 2016
Time: 2 PM Pacific / 11 AM Eastern
We are pleased to release three new reports to help streamline summer camp management for group signup programs including scout camps:
- All Session Events – Roster. For each session event/merit badge class in the selected session, this report displays the name of each registrant and information about their group.
- All Session Events – Roster with Completion Requirements. For each session event/merit badge class in the selected session, this report displays the name of each registrant, group information and the course completion requirements assigned to the session event/merit badge class.
- All Session Events By Group. This report displays each registrant’s session event/merit badge class schedule, organized by group/unit.
To display and print these reports, follow these steps in Event Management:
- In the Programs tab, click the program you’re working with. The Manage a Program page will be displayed.
- At the bottom of the panel, click the session for the reports you want to view. The Manage a Program Session page will be displayed.
- On the left, click Reports. The Program Session Reports page for the session will be displayed. The reports are located in the Attendance section.
- Click the report that contains the information you want to view. The report will be displayed.
- To create a printable PDF that contains a single page for each session event/merit badge class, click the printer icon at the top of the report and select HTML-Powered PDF.
If you have any questions, please let us know at Doubleknot@doubleknot.com.